At Control System Labs, we are able to repair touchscreens from AVG Automation and we offer a 2-year warranty on these units (unless otherwise stated on your quotation).
Before you send your unit to us for repair, it's important to troubleshoot your unit and document your steps and any errors messages you've encountered along the way. This information is helpful to our technicians during the repair process.
To troubleshoot your unit:
- Check power and connectivity: Ensure that the workstation is properly connected to the power supply and that all cables are securely plugged in. Check for any loose connections or damaged cables that could be causing power or connectivity issues.
- Restart the workstation: Sometimes simply restarting the workstation can resolve issues with software or hardware components. Try restarting the workstation and see if the touch function starts working again.
- Calibrate the touchscreen: If the touch function is inaccurate or not responding properly, try calibrating the touchscreen. This can usually be done through the device's settings menu or control panel. Note: Please save any calibration settings, as work performed may delete your current calibration settings. Please contact us if this is a concern for your business.
- Update drivers and software: Outdated or incompatible drivers and software can cause issues with the touch function. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary. Note: Please save any files if needed for updates upon the return of your unit.
- Check for software conflicts: Conflicts with other software installed on the workstation can cause issues with the touch function. Try uninstalling any recently installed software and see if that resolves the issue.
- Inspect the hardware: Inspect the touchscreen for any physical damage, such as cracks or scratches. Also, check for any loose connections or damaged components.
Failures among these units include a touchscreen that does not respond, cracked or damaged screens, calibration issues, power or connectivity issues, overheating and wear and tear.
If you'd like Control System Labs to repair your unit, please select the unit from list below and add it to your cart to complete your RMA.